Polished concrete floors are aesthetically pleasing and provide a clean, dustproof, hard-wearing floor. There are a variety of sealers, from matte or low sheen to high gloss finishes.
Other benefits include;
- The raw materials used in the production of concrete are abundant, making it a very sustainable building material and an integral part of any successful “Green Building” program.
- Lower electricity bills – concrete helps maintain a constant temperature all year round. Cooler in the summer and warm in winter.
- Concrete floors produce minimal waste unlike carpet, laminate, or tile, all of which continually contribute to landfill waste as they are replaced every few years.
- Concrete floors are not as susceptible to damage by water, fire or mould as are many other types of flooring.
- Practical and naturally durable. With minimal maintenance, it never needs replacement
- Concrete is hypo-allergenic – it does not store dust, dirt, pollen or other allergens.